8 Dec 2019
2nd Sunday of Advent
PREPARE THE WAY
Saint John the Baptist appears on the scene today as Advent enters its second week. The mysterious consumer of locusts and wild honey, John echoes the words of the prophet Isaiah as he calls for repentance in the face of the nearness of the kingdom of heaven. The rhythms of the Christian life are often confounding. Each year we meet the Baptist and hear his calls for repentance. Each year we see him pointing to the one who is coming after him, the Lord Jesus. Yet each year the words and actions of John the Baptist echo anew in our hearts, because we have fallen into old sinful traps again and again. Advent gives us the opportunity once again to turn away from our sinful ways and embrace the gospel way of life. John the Baptist invites us to prepare the way for the Lord, in whom we place our hope.
Advent Penance Service
Penitential Service for the parish will be held on Tue 10 Dec, 8pm.
* 6pm Mass as usual
Services at other North District churches:
- Mon 9 Dec, 8pm: St. Anthony
- Thu 12 Dec, 8pm: Our Lady Star of the Sea
- Fri 13 Dec, 10.30am & 8pm: Risen Christ
- Mon 16 Dec, 8pm: St. Joseph (Bukit Timah)
- Tue 17 Dec, 10.30am & 8pm: Christ the King
Please be punctual and do stay for the whole duration of the service as there will be a final blessing for all penitents.
End of School Year Holidays:
- NO catechism classes on 16th Nov - 29 Dec 2019
- Last weekend of Catechism Class: 9 & 10 Nov 2019
2019 / 2020 Catechetical Program:
- The 2019 Catechetical Program ends on 11 Nov 2019
- The 2020 Catechetical Program commences from 11 Jan 2020
Parents will be notified of the details in Dec 2019
New RCIA conducted by Fr. Richards will begin on Thu 30 Jan 2020.
This journey to know the Catholic Faith is for all non-Christians and baptized Christians.
If you know of someone who is searching for God, who is trying to understand the meaning of life or wanting to know more about the Catholic faith, invite him/her to this journey in faith, to discover for themselves the faith we profess.
- Time: every Thu 7.45pm - 9.45pm
- Venue: Lecture Hall at level 4 (lifts B & C)
Please download your registration form here.
Next Infant Baptism will be held on:
- Sun 12 Jan, 12.45pm
- Application closes on Sun 22 Dec
- Sun 29 Dec, 1.30pm in room #02-01
- Registration begins at 1.15pm
- Compulsory for 1st time parents and godparents
Liturgy of the Word for Children
We welcome children who are between 5 to 8 years old to come together for the Gospel Readings which will be explained in their level of comprehension & understanding.
- Date: Every 3rd Sunday of the month
- Time: 9.30am Mass
- Venue: Parish Hall (former Chapel)
Children will be seated with their families at the Main Church. Upon invitation by the Priest, the children will leave their seats to join the Catechist, who will lead them to the Parish Hall (former Chapel) for the Breaking of the Word.
The children will be guided and return to the Main Church to join their families after the preaching of the Homily.
Weddings in the Catholic Church
As of this announcement, dating couples intending to enter into marriage in the Catholic Church will be required to book the date of the Church wedding one-year in advance.
The booking will confirm upon the couple signing the acknowledgement of the necessary requirements that the priest will explain to them.