(Last updated 21 Nov 2020)
December Mass bookings will be released in 3 stages, beginning Tue 24 Nov at 9am. Please book your Masses at https://myCatholic.sg.
- Tue 24 Nov, 9am
Booking of one weekend Mass, and unlimited weekday Masses except on Christmas Eve (25 Dec after 2.30pm) and Christmas Day (25 Dec).
- Tue 8 Dec, 9am
Booking of an additional weekend Mass, subject to availability.
- Tue 15 Dec, 9am
Booking of Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Mass (24th & 25th Dec), and additional 3rd Mass for the weekend (subject to availability).
Parishioners seeking the Sacrament of Reconciliation may make their bookings on MARS at https://myCatholic.sg. The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be scheduled from 14 to 19 Dec, 9.30am. Please be punctual for your booking.
Thank you and see you in church!
WEEKEND MASSES (held in the main church)
Church capacity will gradually increase from 150 to 250 for these Mass timings
- Sunset Mass:
- Sunday Masses:
- 9am, 11am
Church capacity is 50 for these Mass timings
- Mondays to Fridays: 8am and 12noon
- Saturdays: 6.30am
- Pre-booking is required for all Mass participants. Book your Mass time slot at https://myCatholic.sg
- There is a 48-hour cut-off for bookings.
- When coming for Mass, ensure that you are not unwell and that you have not travelled in the last 14 days.
- Arrive 20 minutes before your Mass times.
- Bring along your face mask and wear it always.
- Present your Safe Entry screen and Identity Card for registration.
- Sanitise your hands as you enter the church.
- Please cooperate with the wardens; you will be assigned to your seat.
Private worship and Columbarium
- Mondays to Saturdays 8.30am to 12noon.
- Please note that the church is closed for private worship and columbarium visitation on public holidays due to manpower constraints for managing the required safety measures.
- In accordance to the Archdiocese guidelines, private worship is only allowed for those who have registered to the parish of Church of the Holy Spirit.
- Visits to the columbarium is allowed also for those not registered to the parish of Church of the Holy Spirit. All visitors must make a prior appointment (time slot booking) before visiting. Appointments can be made by calling the parish office at 6453-6340 on weekdays 8.30am - 12noon.
7GIFTS BOOKSHOP OPENING HOURS
- Saturdays: 4-5pm, Sundays 7.45am-11am
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am-12nn
29 Nov 2020
1st Sunday of Advent
GOD HAS A DIFFERENT PLAN
We begin the season of Advent with a heartfelt call for our own repentance. We remember God’s faithful love for us, and call upon God to help us to turn back. For “behold, you are angry, and we are sinful” (Isaiah 64:4). In the first reading and in the psalm, we recall God’s promises and lament our unfaithfulness and our guilt. We call upon God’s might and power in order to save us. With Isaiah, we ask God to “rend the heavens and come down, with the mountains quaking before you” (Isaiah 63:19). Yes, God is faithful to us, because we are the work of God’s hands. God is the potter, we are the clay. And yet, our concept of how God will come to save us is rooted in our own expectations of a warrior God who crushes mountains and thunders into our lives with great noise and glory. But God has a different plan: the Incarnation.
This book written by Fr James Yeo, serves as an introduction to the Church’s fundamental teachings on Moral Theology.
Moral Theology concerns how Christians should live out their faith. Helping them to make decisions according to the mind and heart of Jesus. It will be beneficial for those who want to learn how to grow in Christian living.
It will be available this weekend for $28
Holy Spirit Reusable Masks
Full sublimation face masks in double layer reusable/washable, superbond microfiber with adjustable ear loop, wired nose bridge and pocket for filter.
Now available at 7Gifts Bookshop!
Holy Spirit Logo Masks - 2 for $15
Holy Spirit Design Masks - 3 for $25
Click image to enlarge
100th birth anniversary of Saint John Paul II
The Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Singapore presents the special anniversary website dedicated to life and deeds of Pope John Paul II, Great Pole and Saint of the Catholic Church. As 2020 marks the 100th birth anniversary of Karol Wojtyła, you are invited to visit the website to explore a richly illustrated and annotated on-line exhibition “The Pope of Freedom” and learn more about his contribution to peace and reconciliation processes, interreligious dialogue, transformation in Central Eastern Europe, end of the Cold War, and more. Additionally there is an interactive biography featuring archival photographs. The website is also an excellent source of information on Poland’s unique religious treasures and 200 sanctuaries.
Breaking of the Word
Breaking of the Word for Sunday's Gospel, a presentation on the background and main themes of the coming Sunday's Gospel followed by small group sharing on the application to daily life.
Sessions are held every Wednesday using Zoom platform
- Morning session: 9.30am to 11.30am
- Evening session: 7.45pm to 9.45pm
If you are interested to join the sessions or if you have any inquiries, please contact the Bible Apostolate Ministry:
- WhatsApp: 9835-3435
Weddings in the Catholic Church
As of this announcement, dating couples intending to enter into marriage in the Catholic Church will be required to book the date of the Church wedding one-year in advance.
The booking will confirm upon the couple signing the acknowledgement of the necessary requirements that the priest will explain to them.